Terror attacks | Gun controll | National security

Discussion in 'The Outside' started by Night_reaper, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Night_reaper

Night_reaper Member

Hitman
    Personally I am a very strong advocate for the 2nd amendment. However, i understand that a great deal of people disagree. Look at TX vs London. TX has a 2 (to the best of my knowledge) terror attacks of recent... both of which ended very quickly. London, on the other hand, has been plagued with terror. Why? Put ur self in a jihadists shoes. Would I rather shoot up a gun store or a place you know guns aren't allowed. Look at the pulse nightclub shooting. Guns weren't allowed there (just a bad example bc u can't allow guns and achohal together). The point is that terrorists will always target soft targets. I live in Massachusetts. It's very left and very unfriendly to gun owners. However, I can still buy a pistol off the street illegally. So all the strick gun laws have done is make it harder for law abiding people to protect themselves and others

2. Arayh

Arayh Omnipresence Staff Member Super Moderator

MD- Internal Medicine/Cardiology
    Terrorists target places of high population density, doesn't necessarily have to do with which place as the least guns. Terrorists are not scared of dying, that's why they're suicide bombers...etc. So your logic of the number of guns doesn't make sense if they're attacking a place with the intention of dying.

Terrorists attack city centers like London and Manhattan (9/11) because of the impact with how many lives they can trade for their own life.

Each person could have 5 guns in Manhattan and terrorists would still target it.

However, what's the purpose of targeting a farmland no-where in Iowa where every person has 26 guns but the entire population and population density is less than that of a big city like New York. Oh I'm sorry terrorist, did you blow up 3 cows, a tractor and 2 farm chickens?

3. Night_reaper

Night_reaper Member

Hitman
    Yes but they're also smart enough to target soft targets. They also are well aware that if they're gun wielding, then they'll kill allot more people if their victims are unarmed.

Gordon69 likes this.
  4. Gordon69

Gordon69 One of the guys with the gavel Staff Member Moderator

You dont need to know :)
    Exactly what I was going to say.

Night_reaper likes this.
  5. Arayh

Arayh Omnipresence Staff Member Super Moderator

MD- Internal Medicine/Cardiology
    It doesn't matter how many guns you have if someone has C4 strapped to their body, hidden under a coat, and they detonate in the middle of a shopping mall. Nor does having a weapon help if they crash a plane into a building and cause it to drop thousands of tons of rubble onto thousands of people.

6. Night_reaper

Night_reaper Member

Hitman
    Suicide bombers aren't my point. Gun massicures are

7. Wafflesfulls

Wafflesfulls Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I don't understand what you are trying to get across with this thread at all. If you are trying to say that gun control laws have accomplished nothing to defend us, how do you measure uncommitted crimes? Because last I checked if they are removing guns from the hands of potential people, then it's done it's job as it should.

As someone who lives in a rural area, I like my tractors in one piece Arayh, not cheap to fix or buy a new one, and cow prices have skyrocketed.

Night_reaper likes this.
  8. Night_reaper

Night_reaper Member

Hitman
    Homie I can buy an illigal gun waaayyy to easilyz legit, I ask a friend and he has one who sells them. That easy. Gun control doesn't stop me from buying one. In MA we have very strict laws concerning guns... but it's useless bc I can just buy one off the street. And I'm sure where ever u live if u know the right people or want one bad enough, you could get one too

9. Wafflesfulls

Wafflesfulls Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I guess that's a difference in places, as you are not required to have any paperwork to buy anything but a handgun here, and even there it's usually skipped by simply having the gun shipped in 2 pieces. So from where you are coming from that sounds scary being able to buy guns like that, but out here if you don't have a gun there is an issue.

Night_reaper likes this.